Candidate is able to work independently and as a consulting engineer on various architectural, civil and landscape projects as assigned.
The Electrical Engineer is a experienced professional engineer (PE) who can define a project, develop a set of tasks to accomplish the project, coordinate and monitor the work involved in the tasks, and deliver a final product on time and within prescribed budget. This individual must have a general understanding of all electrical systems including facility power, electrical distribution, lighting and special systems ideally in commercial, healthcare, educational, and federal facilities.
• Assess the requirements of the client’s needs; manage the design and production aspects of the project.
• Function as the electrical project manager and/or electrical project engineer; responsible for design, planning, organizing and directing the activities of EE for FourFront projects.
• Develop and maintain design standards that coordinate with current company standards.
• Responsible for management of electrical design Quality Control procedures.
• Promote and provide expertise in sustainable design practices as required by the project.
• Review design and construction budgets and schedules, manage work accordingly.
• Determine electrical design and project scope, budget and staffing requirements.
• Knowledge of applicable codes and ordinances. Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
• Assign and review work where required and provide coordination with multiple disciplines.
• Provide construction administrative reviews, application for payment reviews, prompt reports and required coordination.
• Interpret the intent of electrical contract drawings and specifications for the Client, General Contractor, Building Inspector and other interested parties.
• Prepare and distribute schedules, shop drawings and samples.
• Responsible for the accuracy and quality of all technical work.
• Participates in the preparation of proposals.
• Reviews contracts, invoices, and other project documentation before distribution to the client.
• Coordinates work of outside consultants in the area of electrical engineering.
• Supports development of the electrical engineering line of business to meet firm objectives.
• Minimum of 5+ years previous electrical design experience, particularly in architectural design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• Professional Engineering license required.
• Willingness to apply for additional state licenses when appropriate and/or required for work.
• Sufficient knowledge of LEED principles to become LEED accredited.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit MEP required; Visual-3D helpful.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is largely a sedentary role.
Expected Hours of Work
Standard work days and hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Flexibility in schedule considered if job duties are satisfactorily met.
This position requires occasional travel.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be able to work in the United States.
As a federal contractor, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Persons with a Disability. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or other characteristic protected under applicable Federal and State laws.
Submitting your resume does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.